At Swagelok, we are committed to providing our customers with custom training services that align with their specific needs and concerns. Our hands-on training services range from safety-focused programs such as tube fitting safety installation and inspection to technical offerings like tube bending and welding. From an array of in-depth courses taught by expert instructors to training videos and online classes, Swagelok training equips your team to work safer and smarter.
Contact us if you would like to have a no-cost assessment conducted by our Training and Education Specialist to identify knowledge and skill gaps within your team.
With plenty of hands-on instruction, participants in this 4-hour course learn orbital welding principles, plus how to set up, run and troubleshoot an orbital welding system. The course is targeted for customers who purchase or rent orbital welders, welding supervisors and quality assurance and control personnel. All instructors have Certified Weld Inspector (CWI) and Certified Weld Educator (CWE) qualifications, as well as at least five years of experience in orbital welding instruction.
In every condition and in every setting, proper fitting installation and tube bending is hard to achieve. This course is designed to help you reduce your rework cost due to downtime and scrap, and increase employee safety in the workplace. Upon course completion, students will:
- Have a foundation tube fitting knowledge to minimize risk of leakage and ensure system integrity
- Know how to properly select, cut and deburr tubing, correctly assemble a tube fitting, and gauge a tube fitting assembly
- Make basic bends and understand how improper bends affect fitting performance
- Have overview of thread types and perform proper thread installation
Swagelok’s hands-on training helps you design effective sampling systems, and diagnose and eliminate existing issues so you can increase efficiency and save money. These classes are for anyone who designs, constructs, operates or maintains sampling systems and are taught by industry experts each with over 30 years of experience. The classes offered include:
- Process Analyzer Sampling Systems (PASS)
- Sample System Problem Solving and Maintenance (SSM)
- Process Analyzer Sampling System (PASS) Subsystem Training
Students will learn foundational tube fitting knowledge that ensures system integrity and minimizes leakage risks. The course covers proper tube selection, cutting, and deburring; assembly of a Swagelok® tube fitting; and gauging a tube fitting assembly. Upon course completion, students will:
- Correctly assemble a Swagelok Tube Fitting
- Gauge a tube fitting assembly
- Identify thread types & installation practices
- Properly prepare threaded installation
- Tube—preparation—cutting & deburring