The flexibility and configurability of the Swagelok® Grab Sample Systems allow for efficient sample capture without altering the integrity of your existing process. Plus, local support ensures fast, dependable expert service.
- Designed and built with the reliable components you trust from Swagelok
- Local, certified experts, local fabrication and available replacement parts
- Versatile mounting options for easier installation
- Standard and customized sample systems can be configured using a part number table for simplified ordering
- Additional instrumentation devices, including gauges, flowmeters, and relief valves are available
- Locally tested design for proven performance
Three Standard Models Available
Customize the components of these standard models, built to suit your grab sample needs.
Grab Sample Module (GSM)
Swagelok’s Grab Sample Module (GSM) is closed-loop, cylinder sampling system for use with gas, liquid and two-phase processes. A key feature of the 8 standard Swagelok GSM systems is a tandem 40G series switching valve that simplifies operation while isolating and capturing the sample. Multiple options are available and the panels are easily customized to meet your needs.
Grab Sample Cylinders (GSC)
Swagelok’s Grab Sample Cylinder (GSC) assemblies are sold separately from GSM sampling systems and feature the highest quality components for safe capture and transportation of samples. GSC assemblies come standard with Swagelok D series needle valves. Multiple options are available and GSC assemblies are easily customized to meet your needs.
Liquid-Only Sample System (GSL)
Swagelok’s liquid-only sample system (GSL) is a closed-loop sampling system for use with low vapor-pressure liquids. These systems typically use bottles with septum caps to collect and safely contain samples for lab analysis. There are 7 standard Swagelok GSL systems and they all utilize Sentry Equipment’s Model MVS to draw a sample into the bottle. The MVS is equipped with an easily replaceable dual needle system and a spring-return handle to prevent unintentional dispensing. Multiple options are available and panels are easily customized to meet your needs.
Customized Grab Sample Systems
Swagelok West Houston is local and therefore can provide rapid response to your custom grab sampling needs. Our trained and certified engineers have extensive experience to assist you with your specific design needs while maintaining a timely, compatible and representative sample. To meet your specific plant standards or application needs, customization can range from a slight modification of one of our 15 standard designs to a completely custom grab sample system. Examples of customization include (but are not limited to):
- Changes to layout/schematic
- Larger line sizes
- Surface mounted components
- Heaters and coolers
- Accessories such as flow indicators, block valves, transducers, filters, enclosures, stands, etc
- Automation such as pneumatically or electrically actuated valves
- Exotic alloys – Alloy 400, Alloy C-276 or Alloy 600
- SilcoNertTM 2000 and other coatings